NCAA X League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NCAA X League

Online PS3 NCAA 11 Dynasty

5 posters

Progression and the futures of dynasties

Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Progression and the futures of dynasties Empty Progression and the futures of dynasties

Post  Egnited Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:05 am

There's a loooooooong discussion on Operation Sports regarding dynasty mode in NCAA 11 and how it handles progression...and it's not looking too promising. Apparently a huge majority of the recruits have a very low awareness rating which brings their overall rating way down...there are also complaints that the players simply don't progress enough to give basically any school but the top 10 a fighting chance...from what I've seen in my offline dynasty, players don't progress much more than 4-5 points a year, and with the majority of recruits coming in Freshman year in the low 50s and 60s I can see lack of talent being a real problem for many schools.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/429007-dynasty-ruined-down-road.html

You guys can read it here. They also say some are having a problem with the game freezing once they've simmed past 2016 whenever they try to manually handle recruiting...hopefully EA can release some kind of patch to fix this stuff.
    grundlebug

Progression and the futures of dynasties Empty Re: Progression and the futures of dynasties

Post  grundlebug Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:21 am

yikes...that doesnt sound good.
    HIGHLIGHT
    HIGHLIGHT

Progression and the futures of dynasties Empty Re: Progression and the futures of dynasties

Post  HIGHLIGHT Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm in season 3 and I really haven't noticed a dropoff but then again I'm only looking at my players.

I'll scan the other teams to see what it looks like.
    pwn3dvill3
    pwn3dvill3

Post  pwn3dvill3 Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:37 pm

I've been playing a 1 Star dynasty so I haven't noticed much either.
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:10 am

lol this is what i was eluding to in that other thread... the freshman's overalls are just too low..... 3 stars are coming out like at mid 50's.... no way that you can build a program to elite status with getting gems. but for some teams, it wont be noticeable for a few years... but pay attention to the overalls of players u got in the first year.... if they werent a 5 star or a high ranked 4 star... they probably suck!
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:08 am

Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Does this affect all current dynasties or ones that will be set up after the update?
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:04 pm

i was was wondering that.... i got a live game tuning update but mr recruits for that week were already out... its gonna be really hard to tell because even with the averages, they arent significantly different in overalls... just more decent players... so if i do get seven 4 stars and they average between 69 and 75, i could have gotten lucky and got most of the decent ones, or it could be a sign that the majority are rated better
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:22 pm

well egnited... i think it does... my second recruiting class in the top 15 (12) allowed me to get a 76 4 star qb, 78 4 star running back, 82 5 star wr, 77 4 star wr, a 81 4 star dt, and a 84 5 star ath..... i dare say that they may have OVERTUNED it........ but i could have gotten lucky...... cpu teams are still stockpiling it seems (florida got the top 2 running backs....) so of course i will keep you posted.... since i only went 9-4 the previous year, i should have alot of 3 stars wanting to come to me..... stay tuned
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Cool, thanks a bunch for the update john

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:27 am