NCAA X League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NCAA X League

Online PS3 NCAA 11 Dynasty

+2
Egnited
john5153
6 posters

THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ON THE GAME

john5153
    john5153

THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ON THE GAME Empty THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ON THE GAME

Post  john5153 Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:09 am

Hmmmm... i like this game alot so far...... trying to learn how to use the option run (navy) exclusively... i play with the ai sliders at 60 for the cpu, they really make you switch up from running the triple option speed option and just plain handoffs.... if you like to pass on madden, it seems that you can really pick apart defenses because it is hard to get consistent pressure. Since im still use to playin madden, i feel like im "cheesin" when i running with the qb, but that is what is normal in college football..... option pass plays basicially make you have to take off because most routes only have 2 legit recieving options
    john5153
    john5153

THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ON THE GAME Empty Re: THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ON THE GAME

Post  john5153 Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 am

not liking the hitstick... i know they dont want that suck in affect, but they went back to how it was on ps2.. u push it then a sec after it reacts.....
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:51 am

Yeah I feel you John as far as seeming like a cheeser, that's why I'm runnin with Boise's pro style offense with only a few option plays in the pb. Passing it seems is tough, man coverage in this game is real tight. However one problem I have is with the receivers and how they run certain routes...when they cut inside at a 90 degree angle they ALWAYS slow down RIGHT as they are making the turn, but the db NEVER slows down, always gets infront of him like he knows exactly what route he's running. This makes in and out routes tough to throw vs man coverage. They do this on a lot of deep routes too, but overall I love the passing gameplay, throwing the ball just feels good, completely the opposite of Madden where they don't know how to properly lead a receiver on a deep ball.

And fuck do I love running the ball now, even though it's tough vs a good d line. This game is way more defensive than Madden imo, which is nice, and even lets people like me, who are terrible at D on madden, to have low scoring competitive games. Kalahui and I have played twice, and both games have been nuts. First one I won 6-0, 2nd one he won 17-14...and that game was 10-7 the whole time until the last two drives of the game which began with 3 minutes left. I drove down and scored, leaving him 1 minute down 4, and of course my D can't make a stop for the first time in the game and he drove down and won the game. Was such a good one though. Really glad I bought this shit!

And I haven't been messing with the hitstick too much, but I've noticed I get way less big hits than Madden...gotta practice that bitch lol
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:58 am

i had a bad habit of every hit was a hitstick.. so in that aspect it is much more realisitc. yeah the cb's dont look fluid in their coverage... they either do exactly what the wr do or they dont.... doesnt seem hitch and goes can work because they slow down too much.....im using the option exclusively, so i havent tried any of the other teams.. even OREGON... im just being them.... its wierd, i have to get use to that on defense.. just running up to the guy and tackling... with the sliders, they seem to break too many tackles.. could be my navy team tho..... the no huddle kinda irks me, but hey its college.. hate to have to play someone that uses that.... bummer
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:11 am

I played some fucker online the other day who used Ohio State and ran no huddle/pitches outside/options all day...was really annoying to play against but he only scored 21 on me...still beat me though haha. It's lame but I guess it's part of football...I have no problem with no huddle as long as you're not running the same play over and over again, which he liked to do. How that's fun is beyond me.

And yeah, any route where they have to change directions significantly just doesn't work it seems, the CBs are all over them every time. What I don't get is that they (the CBS) do the same route changing animations as the WRs but don't slow down at all...why is it not the opposite? Aside from that though, I have no issues with the game at all. Well except playing online against friends. Is there a way to do it without joining a lobby and inviting them? It's getting lame with how often it disconnects me sometimes...
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:33 am

recruiting is fun... but i can see that it can become a chore sometimes.... i like the other way where you could be quick and get something done without getting too involved sometimes..... this way looks if you really dont try for a recruit, u aint gonna get them... i like to go after many players then dwindle it down... but i do like that you can tell EARLY if you gonna get someone or not..... so you dont have to waste time.... overall it is good tho because it makes you have to really go after players and u can make mistakes....
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:06 am

Egnited wrote:I played some fucker online the other day who used Ohio State and ran no huddle/pitches outside/options all day...was really annoying to play against but he only scored 21 on me...still beat me though haha. It's lame but I guess it's part of football...I have no problem with no huddle as long as you're not running the same play over and over again, which he liked to do. How that's fun is beyond me.

And yeah, any route where they have to change directions significantly just doesn't work it seems, the CBs are all over them every time. What I don't get is that they (the CBS) do the same route changing animations as the WRs but don't slow down at all...why is it not the opposite? Aside from that though, I have no issues with the game at all. Well except playing online against friends. Is there a way to do it without joining a lobby and inviting them? It's getting lame with how often it disconnects me sometimes...

------
    yeah, that no huddle can be a mess, even against the cpu.. especially the teams like notre dame that will run out of it..... they seem to break that first tackle alot, and the pursuit from my team is hardly ever good...
    pwn3dvill3
    pwn3dvill3

Post  pwn3dvill3 Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:14 am

i like the fact that you have the entire playbook in the no huddle O. I have run it a few time to change the pace of the game.
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:18 pm

not liking that that it seems all the teams kickers have nfl range.... idk.... got my first "read" interception today....... i finally played htown with the oregon and it is so different the team speed compared to navy team... lol
    grundlebug

Post  grundlebug Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:48 pm

yeah, Im much better at defense on this game for some reason. I got a pick the last night with my ROLB. Ive never manually picked the ball before. I love using the defensive player lock too.
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:44 am

grundlebug wrote:yeah, Im much better at defense on this game for some reason. I got a pick the last night with my ROLB. Ive never manually picked the ball before. I love using the defensive player lock too.

yeah got my first "read" interception... but i cant play defense to save my life.... i can complete my assignments, but i can erase the cpu mistakes.... not yet......

on another recruiting note.... not liking the overall of the players that come out at their respective rankings.... at least the ones i got for the navy team.... if you got a strong team to start off with, depending on the age, it might not affect you for the first 2 even 3 seasons, but u cant fill your team with 3 stars anymore.... really sucks too if you a bottom feeder... better get really good at the game or buy that max improvement crap....
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:53 am

man i hope they improve alot during the training camp...........of course not lol... navy first season i go 9-4... go up a level in prestige... (4) and no one went up higher than 5..... man it will be very hard to build a team.... i like to get players no one wants or i think is going to get... but they so weak... i got 17 3 stars 4 2stars this year... best player overall was 69... had a bang of 50's
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:47 am

What difficulty you playing on offline john?

And I got my first user pick in this game the first day I played it, and it was pretty much my first legit user pick in any football game. I'm terrible at usering coverage in madden, still pretty bad in NCAA but at least they let the dbs catch the damn ball. Kalahui had 2 really nice user ints against me, though both he was beat and running backwards and caught it behind his head without looking...which is still kind of annoying. Can't do much about stuff like that...
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:18 am

lol...the very first play i did was a user pick. i was NU playing against (cant remember), but basically he threw deep to #1 wr and i was the ss playing deep half.

There is basically nothing i don't love about this game. passing is harder (which it should be) running makes sense now (which is pretty much the coolest thing ever). i do struggle with the 'leaning' hitstick. i always forget about that it is different then madden 10 and use it too late. but i've never really used hitsticks much anyway. i've used spins and juke moves.
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Egnited wrote:What difficulty you playing on offline john?

And I got my first user pick in this game the first day I played it, and it was pretty much my first legit user pick in any football game. I'm terrible at usering coverage in madden, still pretty bad in NCAA but at least they let the dbs catch the damn ball. Kalahui had 2 really nice user ints against me, though both he was beat and running backwards and caught it behind his head without looking...which is still kind of annoying. Can't do much about stuff like that...

i play on heisman with the cpu sliders set at 60....... i always boost the cpu sliders and get drilled for a week or 2 (depending on how much i play the game)
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:48 pm

lucky0644 wrote:lol...the very first play i did was a user pick. i was NU playing against (cant remember), but basically he threw deep to #1 wr and i was the ss playing deep half.

There is basically nothing i don't love about this game. passing is harder (which it should be) running makes sense now (which is pretty much the coolest thing ever). i do struggle with the 'leaning' hitstick. i always forget about that it is different then madden 10 and use it too late. but i've never really used hitsticks much anyway. i've used spins and juke moves.

u said "leaning" hitstick... is that some term i missed.. it is TOTALLY different from madden and i trying to teach myself not to do it all together... i rarely connect... havent decided if it is more realistic or not... but i know it is different....
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:20 am

no not really. i guess i just made that up. but on offense you don't 'truck' like the madden. you lean forward. the further you press the R stick the further you lean. if you hold the R stick forward while you run, you eventually fall over. - atleast thats how i understand it. i don't really use the hitstick on offense so i don't know much.

in theory you should be able to lean right and left as you run, but like i said i haven't tried it.
    grundlebug

Post  grundlebug Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:05 am

i love the lean ability in this game...you can bounce of guys or absorb hits better when you lean into the oncoming hut. fun stuff.
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:39 am

oh didnt know that... wonder why i would c the cpu stumbling forward... but i dont use it unless im engaged either... rarely then because of my backs are all under 200 pounds and cant break tackles anyway. Wonder what it takes to makeup the IMPACT PLAYERS... i had a de that was an impact the first year... had 15 sacks, won the lombardi trophy... then went through a training camp, and now isnt a IMPACT PLAYER? like i dont get it... and really doesnt do as well... could be he is going against better talent.. but he got better too
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:11 am

nice....ND vs. NU first game. i might have to lose this one.
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:19 am

NOTRE DAME wins the first game of the year!!!

i think we should up the game to 6 min. qtrs though. (just my opinion.)

just an fyi....i did a PA screen pass and my qb never came out of the 'PA' part of teh play. he ran backwards for 29 yards and fumbled....it was ridiculous.

just wanted to say something because if that happens continually then we will know not to do that kind of play.
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:35 am

As far as I know it's just that one PA play that's broken, can't remember what it's called though
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:49 pm

lol, it was pretty funny. although it did lead to a NU score.
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Just found another broken PA play....from shotgun, so instead of running straight backwards he was just frozen in place after faking the handoff...I don't understand how EA could leave something like this in the game...then again, it is EA we're talking about
    pwn3dvill3
    pwn3dvill3

Post  pwn3dvill3 Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:43 pm

online recruiting is awesome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content