NCAA X League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NCAA X League

Online PS3 NCAA 11 Dynasty

+2
Egnited
john5153
6 posters

THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ON THE GAME

Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ON THE GAME - Page 2 Empty Re: THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ON THE GAME

Post  Egnited Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:06 pm

Yeah it is pretty cool.

But damnit I HATE all the dropped passes after they initially make the catch. I don't have a problem with them not being able to hold onto the ball so much as I do with what a tease it is. Every catch it happens looks good and even shows them tucking the ball and taking a step and the damn thing pops out. If it happened right away it wouldn't bother me nearly as much...but man I love how this whole dynasty thing is set up. The madden devs should have just copied what the NCAA team did for 11
    grundlebug

THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ON THE GAME - Page 2 Empty Re: THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ON THE GAME

Post  grundlebug Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:29 am

pwn3dvill3 wrote:online recruiting is awesome.

yeah...the only thing I dont like is the ability for people to buy cheap boosts. I'm never going to waste money on buying scouting reports or whatever it is they are trying to sell. I think EA should quit being so damn greedy and just let everyone be on the same playing field, instead of trying to squeeze as much money out of everyone as they can.
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:24 am

grundlebug wrote:
    pwn3dvill3 wrote:online recruiting is awesome.

yeah...the only thing I dont like is the ability for people to buy cheap boosts. I'm never going to waste money on buying scouting reports or whatever it is they are trying to sell. I think EA should quit being so damn greedy and just let everyone be on the same playing field, instead of trying to squeeze as much money out of everyone as they can.

no worries, im not going to buy any of the little perks you can buy either. (although the training camp max progression would be nice)
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:42 am

So I'm slowly but surely finding offensive plays passing that are quite successful....it's far from perfect, but this is the most fun I've had playing a football game since ESPN NFL 2K5
    HIGHLIGHT
    HIGHLIGHT

Post  HIGHLIGHT Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:51 am

Yeah this game is great! I hope Madden will be atleast close to this game play.
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:39 am

lol love da pic highlight.... she looks so "wholesome" with legs all open like that lol...........

yeah there are some neat passing plays..... i swear, all oregon got is home run plays.... im a lil too conservative to like that lol.... yall that have impact players on the dline, watch closely to see if

A. THEY HAVE A GOOD SEASON

B. SEE IF THEY RETAIN THEIR "IMPACT" STATUS

just wondering about it because of what i said in what happen in my offline dynasty...
    HIGHLIGHT
    HIGHLIGHT

Post  HIGHLIGHT Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Yeah I love all of the plays. I seen a play were there were only 3 offensive linemen. I was like WTF!!

This might be the 1st year that I keep playing this game even when Madden comes out. In the past I would push it to the side or trade it in, but not this year!!

NCAA took a big jump forward IMO.
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:35 pm

agreed. every year since i can remember i've always bought both games and traded in ncaa when madden came out. this year ncaa game seems to have their shit straight. he game is real fun.
    pwn3dvill3
    pwn3dvill3

Post  pwn3dvill3 Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:37 pm

i've always played both and kept both, but this could be the first year that i'm not really looking forward to Madden because i really think it will be a huge disappointment.
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:39 pm

this is the first year I've bought NCAA since the early PS2 days...think I rented NCAA 06? or 07 and had some fun with it....but this is also the first year I'm not really looking forward to Madden, although granted I've only been playing it seriously and paying attention to it for the last 2 or 3 years. Before a year ago, I was godawful at football games haha
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:42 pm

every year they say its going to be a big disappointment. but for the most part madden is pretty good game also. i will continue to play madden for sure and i think i will enjoy ncaa for the first time past august.
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:47 pm

Did you guys ever play ESPN NFL 2k5? That shit was crazy fun. I bought All Pro Football 2k8 for $5 a month or two ago, and it's a lot of fun, just wish it had a better franchise mode. Any of you guys have it?
    HIGHLIGHT
    HIGHLIGHT

Post  HIGHLIGHT Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:55 pm

2K was fun and there were things I liked about it better than Madden. I use to have ALL-Pro but I thought it was kinda garbage and that 2K didn't spend much time on it.

The 1 thing I use to really love about 2K football & basketball was once you joined a league they already had their own league websites that you could to all kinds of stuff to,to make it look good. I don't think basketball does it anymore though.
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:13 pm

yeah i loved 2k5... with to on the cover.... i use to like how u had to sign free agents... didnt like their progression/regression tho...
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:51 pm

I was too young to care about that kind of stuff lol....tbh I don't like how any game I've played so far handles progression...no dev team has seemed to get it right. Unless some of the old madden/ncaa games did it correctly, in which case I wouldn't know
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:32 am

Egnited wrote:I was too young to care about that kind of stuff lol....tbh I don't like how any game I've played so far handles progression...no dev team has seemed to get it right. Unless some of the old madden/ncaa games did it correctly, in which case I wouldn't know

ps2 04 i believe had it very close to perfect.. players would go up or down every 3 or 4 weeks based on play... so if you took a 62 ovr player and played the heck out of him.... then he could quite possibly go up like 10 points... now what would happen is that that player probably could never get to 90, but he be a beast... i used.. i might be wrong about the year.... but i know one of those maddens on ps2 did it
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:27 pm

i know what your talking about. i don't remember the year either, but progression was done every 4 weeks and also in the playoffs. if you made a deep playoff run they would progress each week (every playoff week except the first one)
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:49 pm

Damn, that sounds awesome. I wish they would change progression to weekly....doing it at the end of the year is just lame.

Hey pwn3d, do you have any idea if you can mess with the sliders for dynasties? Like turn man coverage down a bit...so the DBs aren't reading the minds of the WRs and turning before they do? That shit just gets on my nerves...

And why on earth do they allow you to pitch the ball when you're being tackled? Some guy was doing this to me all day yesterday, I'd have his QB wrapped up and falling towards the ground and he'd still get the pitch off. Man that's frustrating.

LOVE this game though haha, those are my only gripes. I think I figured out that if you press L2 while passing you get a lot less dropped balls...at least by your receivers with good hands. RBs still drop it a lot if they get hit.
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:07 am

Egnited wrote:Damn, that sounds awesome. I wish they would change progression to weekly....doing it at the end of the year is just lame.

Hey pwn3d, do you have any idea if you can mess with the sliders for dynasties? Like turn man coverage down a bit...so the DBs aren't reading the minds of the WRs and turning before they do? That shit just gets on my nerves...

And why on earth do they allow you to pitch the ball when you're being tackled? Some guy was doing this to me all day yesterday, I'd have his QB wrapped up and falling towards the ground and he'd still get the pitch off. Man that's frustrating.

LOVE this game though haha, those are my only gripes. I think I figured out that if you press L2 while passing you get a lot less dropped balls...at least by your receivers with good hands. RBs still drop it a lot if they get hit.

what does L2 have to do with anything? if you wrap up their pitch arm they don't pitch the ball or the pitch is really horrible in my experience anyway. I like how a guy can look open now and in reality he is well covered based on how the safety is playing him. and ball speed is alot more realistic in my opinion.
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:27 am

Maybe I'm completely retarded, but it seems to me that it makes them throw a softer, more catchable ball, no matter how hard you press the passing button. Again, I could be 100% wrong, I don't think it's in the manual, but it wasn't for Madden either was it?

And that's a good point on wrapping up the pitching arm, I'll look more closely next time..but I swear sometimes I'm bear hugging the guy and he's off his feet and still gets it off.
    lucky0644

Post  lucky0644 Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:27 am

i never know that about madden either. i have never heard that about L2. im gunna have to try it
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:35 am

I think it's the set your feet button so it makes them make a nice throw...

And christ almighty I'm playing my game right now vs an FCS team and am up 49-0 with 2 minutes left in the 2nd...just crazy how bad they are. I intercepted a pitch on an option play and ran it back for a TD. Will definitely be in the write up lol!
    john5153
    john5153

Post  john5153 Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:38 am

yeah for the most part if u tackle from the pitch side they wont be able to pitch it. or they will do a fuck up pitch... shit i did it several times against the cpu and they intercepted it lol
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:42 am

Make that 63-0 with 30 seconds left in the 2nd. I just set the record for passing TDs in a game for my school. Still have the 2nd half to play.

Hopefully I can get in the 100's hahaha
    Egnited
    Egnited
    Admin

Post  Egnited Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:44 am

Holy shit pick 6, 70-0 at halftime!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content